Saturday, May 1, 2010

garden documentary (part 7)

Lots of hard work in the garden today...



First, the Portulaca sprouted... I think they sprouted today- they are SO tiny, they could have sprouted days ago and I might not have seen them!

The trays they're growing in are styrofoam, and those holes are about the size of a dime, so that gives you an idea of just how tiny...








Here are the California Poppies.  They are getting too tall!  So I'm probably going to plant them tomorrow since I didn't get to them today.  No idea if it's too soon to plant them in the ground, but at least I know what they look like, so I won't mistake them for weeds. 









I started digging up the flowerbed by the back fence, and I had some "help"! 

(This isn't actually the flowerbed, it's my dad's vegetable garden, but I eventually got help with the flowerbed from Emily.  And the other two kept busy over here.)







Emily helped me plant the wildflower seeds.  Which I thought all of them would want in on, but no...

































By 7:30, I was exhausted, so the little bit of this bed left to weed/prep for seeds, is going to have to wait until tomorrow...








Stay tuned for Part 8!

No comments:

Post a Comment