Friday, January 22, 2010

The Last (String) Dance?

I watched the very first Late Night with Conan O'Brien in 1993.  I've been a fan ever since.  He's funny, and brilliant, and so quick.  Watching him interview other comedians (this week alone- Ricky, Robin...) is amazing.  He's so quick and incredibly witty.  And can turn something not funny into ridiculously funny in the blink of an eye.
Conan (and his staff- let's not forget about the rest of the talented people out of jobs because of the brilliant minds flying the plane over there at NBC) got screwed.  It's amazing to me that it's acceptable to run a network that way.
A friend of mine and I used to joke about "well, when we take over hollywood..."
I think it's time...
:)
Well, whatever.  Conan will be much better off being the number one choice of a network- getting the job because they want him to have it, not just getting the job because they don't want someone else to get him.  NBC was like "well, we don't REALLY want you, but we don't want you to be more successful anywhere else."  There's the other thing I don't get.  They were so bent on keeping Conan, that they sort of shoved Jay out.  NOW they want Jay back in?  Good grief, you idiots.  THINK before you do.  You are messing with people's lives!

Anyway, I look forward to seeing Conan do well on his future late night show.  I will be watching the first night.  Again.  I just hope he gets to take Conando and the String Dance with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment